Orange County Criminal Defense Attorneys
For more than four decades, The McDonnell Law Firm has provided exceptional representation for criminal defendants in state and federal courts throughout Orange County and Southern California. Our areas of expertise are comprehensive, encompassing drug crimes, DUI/DWI, three strikes cases, domestic violence, sex offenses, violent crimes, theft crimes, and juvenile delinquency matters. For details about our services, visit the practice areas overview.
Facing a criminal charge can be a frightening, embarrassing, even downright devastating experience, but we understand your predicament. We strive to reduce the anxiety you are dealing with by providing compassionate legal support while vigorously defending your rights in court. In their more than 60 years of collective criminal law experience, our attorneys have tried hundreds of cases, obtaining favorable results on behalf of a wide range of clients with the help of our own in-house investigator. We are recognized throughout the Orange County legal community for our work, and have been awarded an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, indicating that fellow attorneys rank us at the highest levels of professional excellence.
The McDonnell Law Firm has provided exceptional representation for criminal defendants in state and federal courts through Orange County and Southern California for more than four decades. Our criminal defense attorney’s comprehensive areas of expertise include:
- DUI Charges Defense – Driving under the influence, or driving while intoxicated (DWI) applies to both drugs and alcohol in California. Our DUI charges defense attorneys know how to find the flaws in BAC tests, negotiate with prosecutors to reduce sentences. They will also help you obtain limited driving permits so that this type of conviction will not completely derail your life.
- Drug Crimes – These crimes involving narcotics of every level can lead to significant fines and jail time. Our drug crime lawyers know how to examine the parameters of your case, fight for reduced sentences, including alternatives to prison time.
- Assault Defense – Our assault defense lawyers will examine cases of simple, sexual, and aggravated assault, as well as cases of assault with a deadly weapon. The consequences of these violent crimes can be severe and life-changing.
- Domestic Violence Defense – Also a type of violent crime that is met with strict consequences. This is a very delicate issue and can sometimes involve cases where disgruntled partners falsely accuse others to manipulate or cause duress. Our legal experts will help analyze these cases and defend the rights of the accused.
- Sex Offenses – These types of crimes are very serious, and the perpetrators of them are slapped with a lifelong social stigma of having to report themselves as sexual offenders to neighbors and employers.
- Theft Crimes – When taking the possession of others, offenders took the risk of having their freedoms compromised. If deadly weapons or force are involved, the punishments can be even more severe. The felony charges defense team at our firm will help you find the best way to navigate these charges and alleviate the severity of the punishments you may face, in an attempt to make repositioning yourself in life more attainable.
- Juvenile Delinquency Matters – When a minor between the ages of 10 and 18 commits a crime, it is referred to as a delinquent act. Juvenile delinquents must be tried in court and may spend time in a juvenile delinquent center. Our defense team can help minors and their parents/guardians understand the rights and possibilities that they have to prevent heavily detrimental punishments that will mar their records prior to entering into adulthood.
The criminal defense attorneys at McDonnell Law Firm understand the severity of being accused of any of the crimes above. These types of predicaments can take enormous emotional and financial tolls on those who face them. These types of heinous crimes are associated with strict penalties, which can involve significant fines, revocation of rights, and time in prison. At the McDonnell Law Firm, our felony charges defense team strives to reduce the pressure and anxiety that you are facing as you prepare to take on these charges in court.
With over 60 years of collective criminal law experience, our attorneys have tried hundreds of cases, with the result of obtaining favorable results on behalf of a broad range of clients with the help of our own in-house investigator. We are recognized throughout the Orange County legal community for our work and have been awarded an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, indicating that fellow attorneys rank us at the highest levels of professional excellence.
The criminal defense attorneys at McDonnell Law Firm receive each and every one of our clients’ cases with aggressive strategies to fully maximize the opportunity for dismissal, acquittal, and reduced sentencing, whether they are in need of DUI charges defense, drug crimes defense, assault defense, and more. We are all only given one shot at life, and sometimes we come across trouble along the way. Does that mean we should suffer the most extreme?
If you are under investigation or facing charges in a California state or federal court, you need a lawyer who can protect your rights. Contact The McDonnell Law Firm today.
We offer free initial consultations, accept all major credit cards, and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by appointment. Members of our staff speak Spanish.
Se Habla español.
The McDonnell Law Firm serves clients throughout Orange County, including in Anaheim, Irvine, Orange, Garden Grove, Buena Park, La Habra, Fullerton, and Newport Beach. The firm also serves clients in Los Angeles County, Riverside County, and San Bernardino County.